Very random thoughts:
– Was it a prerequisite to either have a mustache or huge mullet to play for the Pirates? They all seem to have one or the other.
– Bonds: He still wears his pants pretty high in the waist, but low on the stirrups.
– Danny Jackson: was a stud this game.
– TV graphics have come a long way.
– Make sure to check the comments of this post for more reflection from OMGreds.com contributor, Paul.
Upcoming Reds Classic Rewind games
01/28/08 – 10/20/1990 – World Series Game 4 vs. Oakland
02/04/08 – 06/16/1978 – Tom Seaver’s no hitter vs. St. Louis
02/11/08 – 06/30/2006 – Reds comeback vs. Cleveland
02/18/08 – 09/16/1988 – Tom Browning’s perfect game vs. Dodgers
02/25/08 – 10/14/1975 – World Series game 3 vs. Boston
03/03/08 – 10/21/1975 – World Series game 6 vs. Boston
03/10/08 – 10/22/1975 – World Series game 7 vs. Boston
Off-Topic: Jerseys at Ballgames
Something I have always wondered: when did it become cool to wear jerseys to ball games – baseball or otherwise? I remember buying jerseys (or, my mom buying them) in the early ’90s when I was in junior high. Seeing the crowd in this game and the game last week from ’86 – you never see anyone in a Reds jersey. If you tune in today, you see them everywhere. I have a few myself. When did teams start really selling them? Also, I wonder who the first fan to wear a teams jersey to a game. When did that happen? in the 1960’s? ’70s? 1941? Did everyone at the game think this person was a total dork or was he pretty damn cool? Not that anyone would know, but it something I’d love to find out.