My lord, Tim McCarver is damn annoying. I remember being annoyed by him as a 7th grader watching the ’90 World Series. What 7th grader has an opinion on something like that? Listening to McCarver again as an adult is like nails on a chalkboard. GUH!
Random notes on the first 1.5 innings of the 4th game of teh 1990 World Series:
– A damn lot of drama packed in just 30 minutes of baseball (injuries to Hatcher, Davis & Braggs’s bat break)
– I went nuts when I saw Braggs break his bat over his back when I saw this as a kid. It’s still mind blowing to see.
– Chris Sabo is seriously my hero. SPUDS!
– Jim Kaat are you showing off your high school class ring? Oh, I guess that’s your ALC ring. Whatever. Stop showing it off.
– Dave Stewart was a badass mofo. How did we win this series, let alone sweep? The A’s were insanely stacked – McGwire, Canseco, Stewart, Henderson, Eckersley. Jeez. WILLIE RANDOLPH!
FUN TIMES AHEAD…
The McCarver Drinking Game
Here’s how to play:
Get a bottle of your favorite booze and a shot glass and…
1: Drink every time Tim uses a multi-syllable word incorrectly.
2: Drink every time Tim states the obvious like it is a profound insight.
3: Drink every time Tim calls the play wrong.
4: Drink every time Tim gets a player’s name wrong.
5: Drink every time one of Tim’s inane comments is met with stoney silence by the other broadcasters in the booth.
Guaranteed: you’ll be drunk by the bottom of the 1st inning.
Plucked from The I Hate Tim McCarver Home Page. ENJOY!