This is the video of Friday’s Funnel Fry Eating Contest before Reds v. Indians. Not sure it’ll make you want to eat funnel fries, or anything for that matter, but it should entertain you nonetheless. The winner, Steve Gramke, picked up some tickets to a future Reds game and a Joey Votto signed ball. He also probably didn’t need to eat the rest of the weekend.
What do you eat after at Sky-Rosa? A Funnel Fry Helmet Sundae. Here’s how you do it:
1) Buy Funnel Fry and place foundation layer inside helmet.
A good bed of Funnel Fries is key
2) Have the very nice girls at the UDF Ice Cream stand outside Section 119 pour a small amount of soft-serve ice cream to help set the foundation.
Set the foundation
3) Layer with another round of Funnel Fries.
Don't eat it yet! It's worth the work.
4) Add more ice cream, and place final layer of Funnel Fries on top.
Keep piling it on.
5) Top with yet another layer of ice cream to cap it off. Finish with a twist. Add appropriate extras. We went with Chocolate drizzle, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and two Cherries. We also recommend emptying out the last of the powdered sugar in the bottom of your Funnel Fry cup on the sundae to complete the treat.
It's all in the details.
6) Admire at your designated seat within GABP
Staring is okay. Just don't let it melt too much.
7) Dig in
It's going to be messy
8) FINISH IT!
Sop that up with a biscuit!
Speaking of Funnel Fries, make sure you check out photos from the inaugural 700WLW/ESPN1530 Funnel Fry Eating Contest hosted by Mo Egger last night. Looked epic.
Mo Egger is pretty fired up about the Funnel Fries at GABP. Rightfully so – they’re a treat to behold. So fired up, in fact, he’s putting on “Mo’s Funnel Fries Challenge” to show the world, or at least Cincy, where it’s at.
THE FIRST ANNUAL MO EGGER/CINCINNATI REDS FUNNEL FRY EATING CONTEST
On June 25th, before the Reds/Indians game at Great American Ballpark, I am holding a contest featuring the biggest culinary advancement in American sports history. That’s right, I’m holding a funnel fry eating contest. I will pick one random winner each from the contest pages at Homer247.com, espncincinnati.com, and 700WLW.com. Those winners will get two tickets to the game that night, and will be entered in the contest.
I will also pick two random winners among people who show up in the Fan Zone at GABP before the game. The contest will start at 6:00, so get there early. I am currently working on the prizes, but whatever it is, it will be worth it.
Winners will compete to see who can eat a pound of funnel fries the fastest, and will be crowned the first ever Mo Egger/Cincinnati Reds Funnel Fry Eating Champion.
You’re welcome, Cincinnati.
He doesn’t know it yet, but I’ve already personally signed up our man Dave for the contest. He better get picked. I also signed him up for some Viagra emails… hope he enjoys!